P76 - The Factory
Home Up Feedback Search Contents

Press Release P76 - The Factory P76 - The Colours P76 - The End.... P76 - Targa Florio P76 - Force 7 P76 - News Articles Magazine Articles Hal's Interview

 

 

 

The Factory
This is the layout of the factory as it was planned in 1958. The original factory completed in 1952 is shown at the front with numbers outlined in GREEN. When closed in 1974 only those buildings with RED outlines were not completed. The main car assembly building was only about 60% complete and did not extend to the Main Administration office (24) as shown.

factory.jpg (142605 bytes)

  1. Gatehouse & Personnel office.
  2. Staff canteen.
  3. Paint house.
  4. C.K.D. assembly plant.
  5. Administrative offices.
  6. Administration building.
  7. Final preparation building.
  8. Service Department offices.
  9. Technical offices.
  10. Despatch office.
  11. Electricity Council lot.
  12. Incinerator.
  13. Sewage ejector.
  14. Swarf station.
  1. Car marshalling area.
  2. Car loading dock.
  3. Service stores building.
  4. Service schools and offices.
  5. Service repairs.
  6. Engine, transmission and suspension factory.
  7. General component factory.
  8. Amenities and works canteen.
  9. Car assembly building.
  10. Administrative offices.
  11. Fisher and Ludlow administrative offices.
  12. Fisher and Ludlow press shop.
  13. Boiler and compressor house.
  14. Car park.
 

Back Home Up Next

Website by AG Photography & Design     Copyright 2003 AG Photography & Design -  Last modified: 17 September, 2005